Mary Kay Hopkins offers real estate brokerage and real estate-related services to the Lake Charles and Southwest Louisiana area on a negotiated commission basis or as an hourly consultant. The following bullet points provide a brief history of the broker and firm:
Licensed since 1972 through the Louisiana Real Estate Commission. 25 years as the broker of Mary Kay Hopkins, Inc. Opened Mary Kay Hopkins, LLC in 2006, focusing on acreage, commercial real estate, and general brokerage consulting.
- Ranked as the number one real estate firm in volume for numerous years.
- Became certified to the ISO 9002 quality standard; first real estate firm in North America to achieve this arduous certification.
- Created numerous initiatives such as the MKH
- Open Book Advertising Policy
- No Cold Calling Policy
- Smooth Moves program
- Received the Southwest Louisiana Quality Award.
- Received the Louisiana Quality Award; first small business to receive this prestigious award.
- Featured on the cover of Business First Magazine.
- Received numerous awards from Homequity/Cendant Relocation company.
Founding Director, National Bank of Commerce and served on multiple committees, including:
- Loan Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Building Committee
- Member of the Class of 2004, Leadership Louisiana
- Served multiple terms on the Louisiana REALTORS State Association
- Recognized by the State Association for volunteer efforts post Hurricane Rita
- Served three years on the Statewide Taskforce working with the Louisiana Real Estate Commission and Louisiana REALTORS to create and modify the mandatory residential purchase agreement
- Member: Alliance for Positive Growth, Serve on:
- Executive Committee, Secretary
- Membership/Awards Committee, past Chair
- Economic Research Committee
- Recipient of the President's Award, 2018
- REALTOR Emeritus Member: Southwest Louisiana Association REALTORS (SWLAR)
- REALTOR of the Year: 1978, 2005
- Past President
- Chaired multiple committees, including Professional Standards, MLS, Education.
- Distinguished Service Award: 2022
- Served a five-year term on the Calcasieu Parish Library Board of Trustees
- President: 2005
- Member: Chamber/Southwest
- Served two terms on Board of Directors
- Served on numerous committees for the Chamber
- Chaired the Image Team
- Member: Calcasieu Historical Preservation Society
- Board Member: 2012-currently at-large
- Chair: Palm Sunday Tour of Homes, 2012
- Member: Margaret Place Historical District
- Board of Directors, 2011- 2015, 2019-Current
- President, 2011-2013, 2023
- Treasurer, 2014-2015
- Recipient of the Convention and Visitor's Bureau, Hospitality, Arts, Tourism Top HAT award, 2012
- Member: Cultural Economy Task Force, 2013
Member LACDB, local MLS, as well as other real estate marketing portals.